Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mission Statement

I spent the past two years developing the nuts and bolts of Between the Lines Mentoring. Goddard College's M.A. Program in Socially Responsible Business and Sustainable Communities (yes, that's a mouthful) allowed me to develop a framework for my organization. With the help of my advisors and countless books and articles, I was able to complete the blueprint of my organization which became my thesis/applied learning project. (That's the 200+ page black binder in my profile photo.)

Here is one of the shortest yet most important pieces of my culminating project.

Mission Statement: Between the Lines Mentoring believes that all young people should have the resources and guidance to cultivate their passion for music. Our mission is to provide opportunities for underserved youth of New York City to connect with dynamic adult mentors through a shared love for music. Inspired by the power and awe of music, Between the Lines Mentoring serves as a vehicle for self-expression, healing, awareness, and successful transitions into adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment